Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Very, Very Wild Thing



My therapist has a nickname for the part of my personality that is, shall we say, a thug. That nickname is Tough Girl. It's apt, and thankfully she has to call me that less and less.

The thing about me, is that I had to be tough to make it this far. I'm not going to get all saga-y on you, but hey, I've been in the trenches and the reason I'm here now writing this subpar navel-gazing blog is because I had part of my personality to retreat into.

It still surprises me how vulnerable I feel sometimes. It is, for the most part, a very foreign sensation to me. And while it makes me uncomfortable and fidgety and like all of my skin has been stripped off me...I'm also really glad that I can feel it. That I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment